Monday 5 May 2008

You learn something new every day

During my early morning game today I learned two things about tennis. Both of which I guess I should have already known.

The first thing I learned was that, despite their name, 'all-weather' courts are slippery when wet.

The second, more useful (and less painful) learning was that Nadal is naturally right handed.

My friend Shane mentioned that he'd read on Wikipedia that "Although Nadal plays left-handed, he is naturally right-handed. When he was younger, his coach, Uncle Toni, decided that his two-handed backhand would benefit from a strong right arm, so he taught Rafael to play with his left." Amazing.

And it got me thinking. Would Rafa have been No 1 if he had stuck with his right hand...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and moya is a lefty